Greetings!

As-Salam and Hallo friends...

For many people the act of expressing themselves in writing helps clarify what they’re feeling and puts those feelings in perspective. I am one of them...

Thank you for stopping by... You're always welcome here. Hope to see you again.


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 16, 2012

the Diary of a Late Bloomer

My Mom told my neighbour that I am a "Late Bloomer" recently...  It was because at the age of 30 something only I learned to bake.  Yeah... Guilty as charged...



What is "late bloomer"?  Uncle Wiki said, 
"A late bloomer is a person whose talents or capabilities are not visible to others until later than usual. The term is used metaphorically to describe a child or adolescent who develops more slowly than others in their age group, but eventually catches up and in some cases overtakes their peers, or an adult whose talent or genius in a particular field only appears later in life than is normal – in some cases only in old age".
Not that I am OLD now.  Cheh tak ngaku... Everytime orang tanya "u rasa u dah tua ke?" Me being positive "Tak tua, tapi dah MATANG". Aci tak? Hehehe...

I grew up like the other kids when I was in a primary school.  Went to school by bus, Arwah Tok picked me up then sent to Sekolah Agama.  Got 4As 1B for UPSR, all As for Sijil Rendah Agama.  My academic performance went pretty smooth until I became a rebellious 13 teenager.  I made a lot of wrong choices at the time.  Must admit, I quit listening.  I wanted to be DIFFERENT from other kids.  I wanted to be an INDIVIDUAL.  I stop studying.  I got distracted by attraction towards something else or someone?  May be I was just trying to find my identity...  
  • When the kids at my age struggling to succeed in SPM, I was busy doing part time job at McDonald's. 
  • When the kids at my age struggling to make it through University education, I was busy having fun while earning my own money by working at the bank. 
  • When the girls at my age were getting married, I was busy with furthering my studies at college.
  • When the ladies at my age were starting to get pregnant, I was busy with finding jobs.
  • When the ladies my age were having more and more children, I was getting married while busy with my part-time study.  
  • Yang agak tak sedap didengar, when a  few of of the ladies at my age are struggling to go through difficult times with their husbands due to mid life crisis, I am still struggling to build a better career while maintaining a good relationship with my husband.
I am in my mid-thirties,  I haven't had my own kids yet, I haven't had my own house yet but I am happy.  I am grateful for having a good life and a loving husband.  Insya-Allah, biar lambat asal selamat...  Anyway, it's better to have it now than never.  It might be a long way to go, but I'm catching up... Nonetheless Insya-Allah I will continue drawing closer and near to Allah and will always be thankful to Him for all of His blessings. 

Walaupun bunga belum berkembang mekar, tapi yang penting ia masih subur and slowly blooming...

No comments: