Greetings!

As-Salam and Hallo friends...

For many people the act of expressing themselves in writing helps clarify what they’re feeling and puts those feelings in perspective. I am one of them...

Thank you for stopping by... You're always welcome here. Hope to see you again.


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Valuable Moments at RACTAR

Rumah Amal Cahaya Tengku Ampuan Rahimah (RACTAR), is where we do our CSR mission. 

CSR = Corporate Social Responsibility. 

The goal of CSR is to embrace responsibility for the company's actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders, and all other members of the public sphere. Furthermore, CSR-focused businesses would proactively promote the public interest (PI) by encouraging community growth and development, and voluntarily eliminating practices that harm the public sphere, regardless of legality.  Click here for more info. The way I'm looking at it is aside from focusing on our nature of business, we could also help to make a better place for those in need. Then again, may be that's not right... ;P

This is my first CSR initiative with the current company I work with.  After several discussions among our Marketing team and PR team, we have decided to sponsor school uniforms for the less fortunate kids at RACTAR.  I'm not purely generous or even the most noble person but I am still learning... Learning to learn the less fortunate kids' lives.  When I learn, I learn to be thankful for who I am, where I at and what I have now...  I've been to a few shelters like this, most of the kids are so reserved, distance, quiet and timid.  But once I tried to speak to couple of them, they started to smile, then It was such a relief to see them smiling at me...

Our first mission was to measure and compile their respective uniform size. So, our first visit to RACTAR was on October 22, Saturday.  

Here's some pics taken from the professional photographer of the day : VHP

Measuring for kain, baju and tudung by using Kamdar's sample.
Ini bukan Titanic "I'm flyin" scene yeahHahaha! It was quite fun! : )
Then, here comes the lunch! Pizza anyone?
My colleague Danii, siap catwalk lagi...Thank you babe for collecting heavy boxes of Pizza!

Food and drinks are served for the kids...

Group picture to record this valuable moment with them...

The next visit will be with the rest of the team and Senior Management team to present our humble gifts of school uniforms to RACTAR kids.  TUNGGUUU!!!
"If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded"
-
Maya Angelou.
Really Maya Angelou?!! *grin*

2 comments:

love-bubble said...

so sweet..(^_^)
im sure the girls had their valuable moments with you n the team too..:)

Dunia Mommy Comel said...

bila saya terasa diri sngt down sedih dan cam2 lagi, bila tgk keadaan kanak2 yang x berbapa ni lagi lah sebak rasenya, dahla diorang xda ibu ayah nak mngadu sakit sedih..

Syukur dengan apa yang dimiliki sekarang..