Greetings!

As-Salam and Hallo friends...

For many people the act of expressing themselves in writing helps clarify what they’re feeling and puts those feelings in perspective. I am one of them...

Thank you for stopping by... You're always welcome here. Hope to see you again.


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 13, 2012

the Proposal





Recently kecoh 1 Malaysia about the proposal Awal Ashaari made to Scha Al Yahya broadcasted live in Propaganza show at Astro.  I didn't watch it LIVE but when a lot of my friends posted the video in FB, I watched it at youtube.  Mama punya komen as expected "That's not us, that's NOT our culture"... Well... rasenye it has become a trend now kot. NOw? Not really. I remember something. The first time a guy proposed to me when I was 21... Yeah 21... And it's so much like a romantic movie OK.  So it's not a"now" thing, it happened to me like way long ago...  like a decade ago... hurm...

That guy... hurm... classic approach... tak kenal langsung siapa mamat ni at first... He got my number from a friend. He rajin betul called me since that.  After 6 months stalking, and talking to me over the phone only, (not a scary stalker cos he was quite nice), barulah my friend set me up, took me to the beach and he was there waiting. Hahahaa... Kan dah kata mcm movie... At that time he was 28, 7 years older than me.  Then right there in the sea breeze, he asked me whether I want to marry him... God, what was he thinking I was only 21 and I hardly knew him... Hahaha... Seriously classic! Yg klaka tak sudah, he didn't give me a bouquet of flowers or ring, but he gave me Simba, yeah as in the Lion King Simba... Cute huh?  I had to say NO and obviously I was too young for that...

10 years later, a GOOD friend of mine called and told me "I have already told my Mom that I have found someone. I want her to be my wife.  Wait, my mom will go to your house, to meet your mom, to propose you"... Awwwhhh... And he has become my husband now, my dear sweetheart... Tak payahlah bawak I pegi tempat tinggi, atau by the beach, atau fancy restaurant... Kalau dah jodoh, through a simple phonecall pun lebih manis... :')

1 comment:

Dunia Mommy Comel said...

Hahahah post terbaik di abad ini... Mmg romantik tapi cam u tulis, kalau dah jodoh kan..camne punya mencii pun klu Allah dah tuliskan dlm buku takdir kita ngn die, mmg xkemana..hihi cam sy ngn hubby cmtu la xpenah terpikir xpenah terlintas untuk knal antara 1 sama lain, klu bkn ayh yg knlkn tah2 smpi skg I blom kwen lg sbb I da krisis ngn commitment rumh tgga

Hubby pun proposed I masa 1 time die keluar ngn I tu pun selepas minta izin ngn ayah...n waktu tu I hanya baru knal die selama 3 jam( tgh training badminton time tu).
Hihihi tp awal n scha mmg sweet( eh ape da komen pnjg lebau ni) ok sis am done!!!