Greetings!

As-Salam and Hallo friends...

For many people the act of expressing themselves in writing helps clarify what they’re feeling and puts those feelings in perspective. I am one of them...

Thank you for stopping by... You're always welcome here. Hope to see you again.


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Soul to Seoul Pt. 2

I'm still in holiday mood although I came back from South Korea so many weeks ago. Hence that is why I managed to grab Air Asia Free Seats tickets recently for another trip in May next year... Weeehooo... Chicken dance c'mon everybody, make some noiiiiizzeee... Hehehe... 

Demam Korea tak habis lagi ni... 

Caffe Bene
As I mentioned in the earlier post, I saw a lot of Starbucks in the places we visited in South Korea.  However I have decided to forget about Starbucks but try their local coffee place instead.  It is called "Caffe Bene".  Caffe Bene is a leading coffee label of Korea.  Try it and you will fall in love with it!  I tried hot Caffe Mocha with whipped cream, just so perfect for a cold weather.  I loved it! It was yummilicious! Their cashier system was also efficient! After I placed an order, the cashier gave me this cute device (like an alarm clock or something) then asked me to sit down.  (Eh belum dapat coffee, kena duduk pulak? Weird!)... After 5-8 minutes later, surprise2.. The device helped me to alert me with a sound when my mocha was ready. And then, I returned to the counter happily to collect my coffee.  This is so efficient, no long queue.  Awesome!


I also saw this "Powder Room" in this cafe.  It's very useful for all of us specially women... I think Malaysian cafes should be inspired by it. Why not all cafes in Malaysia provide a small room for customers.  This room can be a multifunctional space for solat, betulkan tudung, make-up, breastfeeding!  I wish we had this kinda room at the office!  Right now, if tak sempat pegi surau, we have to solat in the filing room. :(  In fact we have to take turn with the bf mothers, kesian diorang...


Kimchi time!
In Seoul, there's only one place you can find HALAL food which is at Itaewon. Itaewon is known as ‘the global village in Seoul' where one can meet people of diverse nationalities and cultures.  Unfortunately we got tired of eating the same buffet dishes, curry, dal, and rice for every meal for the first 2 days.  So, our fabulous Ms. Jennifer (tour guide) took us to the vegetarian Kimchi restaurant alternately where we had wonderful experience eating Korean dishes with Korean ambiance.  Duduk bersila sambil makan dengan stainless steel chopsticks laa. Although their food is not as good as I thought it would be, but I really enjoyed the experience of eating traditional Korean way! It's like an art which an experience that you definitely don't wanna miss.



Mentari
Mentari is the first and the only one restaurant that serves Malaysian cuisine.  However, it is very very pricey tapi I guess it's worth it if you suddenly miss Malaysian food when you're there. Its interior decoration pun cantik and cozy. Who is the chef? Encik Baha, yang pernah appeared in Akademi Fantasia 1.  The food was also quite good. I love that place, it almost felt like home.  

One thing I notice about most of the restaurants and cafe we went, they were quite concerned with cleanliness.  When I went to a small kebab cafe at the roadside, all straws were individually wrapped unlike Malaysian food stalls or even restaurants, all our straws are collecting dust and germs all around us... Hehe..


Samsung d'light
Enough about food...Now moving on to the next place we visited.  Samsung d'light. Samsung d’light is an exhibition space that showcases all the latest consumer electronic products by Samsung Electronics. According to Samsung, the name d'light combines the words "digital" and "light", to correlate with their vision of being a "guiding light to the digital world" and leading consumers to a whole new lifestyle through digital technology. It is also meant to convey delight and excitement.

Our company took us to Samsung d'light to learn the new and latest technologies and inventions by Samsung since we are dealing with technopreneurs everyday.  It was an interesting visit for all ages.  Everybody is using smart phones now and even my 63 year old mom is also using Samsung smart phone now!  I was totally impressed by their new invention of the large HD smart TV.  Dreaming is free! And I dream to have such TV in my new house nanti...

Samsung is a very successful Korean brand that has standing in the global market.  I just only learned that they have also produced cars in South Korea which recently 70% stake was bought by Renault due to the Asian financial crisis. Now it is called "Renault Samsung Motors".

To be continued...


No comments: