Greetings!

As-Salam and Hallo friends...

For many people the act of expressing themselves in writing helps clarify what they’re feeling and puts those feelings in perspective. I am one of them...

Thank you for stopping by... You're always welcome here. Hope to see you again.


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 29, 2012

Ambitions

The other day, me and colleagues talked about our ambitions when we were growing up. Thus, I tried to recall what was my ambition then and I found that I wanted to be a teacher for the longest time.  Masa sekolah rendah dulu, bila cikgu tanya, "Murid2, apakah cita2 kamu bile besar nanti?" {Standard la script cikgu tahun 80-an}... Terus tersembul idea, nak jadi CIKGU... Or bahasa skemanya "Guru"...

Bila dah naik secondary school, I changed my mind.  Sebab apa, sebab bajet creative bila I found peace playing with colours in the art class... Nak2 pulak masatu having an "autograph" book was the IN thing... Yup in the early 90's autograph memang happening... Dengan bangganya, I sorang je ade autograph book with cute penguins cover picture!.  Every year ade autograph book, most of them are made in a little hard cover book.

Moreover, a rascal younger me hated maths so much and occupied maths period by drawing the portrait of Math's teacher in the text book.  Tehehehee {begitulah larinya focus bila maths period... KANTOI... Sowwy Cikgu...}  Pastu dapat plak conteng2, buat painting kat walls at school.  Dulu kat sekolah, aktiviti tu was called Mural, now nama happening dia "Graffiti". Dan itulah puncanya bertukar ambition dari nak jadi seorang guru kepada nak jadi seorang pelukis or painter...

Something borrowed.
Right after I finished school, Mama tengok anak dia yang sorang ni macam minat sangat2 art, so she enrolled me at St. Martin Art College, London.  Glamour kan? Unfortunately I was so very young, naive and foolish at the time, so buat drama, nanges2 nak balik Malaysia, homesick... Malaysia Oh Tanahairku... Tehehehe... Then again, nasib baiklah tak abis study kat sana, kalau tak, tak taulah boleh maintain imaan kat sana ke tak... Hikmah tu...  Sekurang2nya dapat jugak jejak kaki kat London kan and stay there for couple of months...

So, sambung je lah pursued art at the local art college.  OK ape... Finally dapat jugak lah mendalami ilmu seni yang memang very fascinating and exciting...  At last, graduated diploma in Art... There, I have achieved one dream kan... 

I was also given a great opportunity to be a QDees teacher when I was younger which I did not see it coming... It all happened when at first I was trying to enroll my little brother at QDees, terus the principal offered me a job after she saw me playing with the other kids. Allah is great, at least he gave me the valuable chance and experience to enjoy being a pre-school Teacher... I left early education field 8 years ago.  My former student now has reached 14 years old, imagine...  The best part is we're still in touch and she still calls me "Teacher"... Awwhh... Sweet... She has becoming a very talented and smart gal. :)

I am truly grateful to have achieved my ambitions even if it was within a short period of time.  I am lucky that my mom has never stopped me from doing what I wanted to do, experience happiness or even bitterness in life so I learn to be tough.  (Not as tough as her though)...  I am also thankful for her sacrifices all these years...

I guess all my life, I have never set a goal of who I wanted to be... But I have made it through, so here I am... Still surviving... Now, I am not filthy rich, but I have a peaceful life...  Alhamdulillah...

1 comment:

Ain Kalam said...

you have been a great and sweet teacher t.reen! :)