Greetings!

As-Salam and Hallo friends...

For many people the act of expressing themselves in writing helps clarify what they’re feeling and puts those feelings in perspective. I am one of them...

Thank you for stopping by... You're always welcome here. Hope to see you again.


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

My dear grandma is deeply missed... :'(

I just came back from Istanbul, Turkiye.  But I'm not gonna blog about Istanbul, not just yet... I have more important thing that I've been thinking of lately.  I've been thinking about my late grandma... Our dear beloved grandma who had passed away recently at the age of 81.  She passed away last couple of weeks on Friday.  We call her "Tah".  May Allah grant her a place in Jannah. Ameen.
"The Muslim who passes away on the night or during the day of Friday, Allah Ta'ala saves him from the punishment of the grave." (Tirmidhi) - borrowed from http://www.deenislam.co.uk.
When she was young and so pretty (PYT)...

It was really sad. Tah went away so very peacefully on that Friday.  The Friday that I organised my office Movie-Night-Out.  We went to Pavi to watch the Breaking Dawn.  I know she had been sick for months after months.  I went to visit her the day before.  She didn't open her eyes. Her hands were swollen. I totally thought and wished she would not be leaving us at least until I come back from Istanbul, Turkiye.  I was counting the days to the much awaited trip, it was 2 days to go at that time.  

On that Friday, after we finished watching movie, we realized there was a missed call from my sister-in-law.  She told us that my grandma passed away at 4.30pm on that day, we didn't believe her.  Because no one told me anything! I felt so bad then I called my brother, apparently my mom sms-ed me but it didn't reach me.  

I was wrong! So I wept.  I cried like a little girl who had just lost her granny.  I couldn't hold my tears the moment I reached her house.  My mom hugged me really tight.  I felt so deeply guilty of all the bad things I had said to her when I was younger... I felt even worse that I hadn't had the chance to apologise to her.  She was very stern most of the times, but she was stern because she wanted the best for us... When I was much younger I thought she wasn't cool, she was totally old-fashioned and she would never understood me.  But now I know, she was who she was because she wanted us to go to the right path... :'(
It was not my intention to abandon her when she was ill, but I did not know how to show how much I care, deep down I loved her.  I miss her now.  I grew up in her house with both her and my dear late grandpa.  She taught me to appreciate beauty.  Because of her, I like to wear eyeliner now.  Because of her I like Henna.  Because I watched her putting on the eyeliner on her eyes so perfectly.  I watched her putting the inai around my fingers and on my palm.... Beautiful memories linger in my head again...


borrowed from mela2mela.blogspot.com.
My dear late grandpa was also passed away on Friday night at 9ish several years ago.  And... Praise be to Allah, she was safely buried right next to her beloved husband's grave at Islamic Bukit Kiara Cemetery.

May Allah grant my Arwah Tok and Tah a place in Jannah. Ameen
Al- Fatihah...

No comments: